Updated: May 25
Chocolate avocado pudding with a hint of roasted hazelnuts. Is it just me or are hazelnuts a forgotten nut?!
When they were roasting in the oven my whole apartment smelled like heaven.
The base of this pudding is made with avocados, which are very beneficial for our health.
Avocados may be beneficial in balancing mood, as they contain an amino acid called tryptophan. Tryptophan is the precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin, which helps to regulate our mood, emotional well being and GI motility.
Did you know that certain bacteria in our gut produce 90-95% of peripheral serotonin?
This is one of the reasons why taking care of our gut health is so important. We need healthy amounts of good bacteria in our gut because the communication between the central nervous system and microbiota relies on the presence of neurotransmitter receptors on bacteria 🦠
• 2 avocados
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup cacao powder
• 1/4 cup homemade almond milk*
• 1 tsp coconut butter
• 3 tbsp maple syrup (you can add more depending on how sweet ya want it to be)
• 5 drops of @cravestevia hazelnut stevia
• Dash of sea salt
• Chopped roasted hazelnuts for the topping
• Soak hazelnuts in water for 30 min, up to an hour.
• Roast the hazelnuts for 20 minutes at 325 F.
• In the meantime add the avocados into a food processor & pulse for a minute or so.
• Then all the rest of the ingredients & blend, scrape down the sides when necessary.
• Taste & assess if the sweetness is to your liking.
• When the hazelnuts are done roasting, chop them up and top them onto the pudding before serving.
- I make home made nut milk with my nut milk bag from @elliesbest. If you want to start making your own nut milk you can head over to their website and use code ‘seedling’ to get a discount on purchasing your own nut milk bag.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see how it turned out!
Tag me on instagram @theholisticseedling